Trying to keep track of the anime series that I'm following for Spring 2014 is proving to be quite difficult with Uni, work and whatnot ... but anime helps me relax and wind down. Sundays for me is Anime-watching day ~
Right now I'm currently watching:
Spring Anime 2014
- MEKAKUCITY ACTORS!!!! (I haven't been this excited for an anime series since Free!, I like to think of myself as a fan of Kagerou Project, I really like the songs ^^)
- Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (Impressed with the first 2 episodes shown so far and because...Nakamura Yuuichi!!)
- Black Bullet (the synopsis was interesting enough for me to check out, gives off an Attack on Titan meets Noragami-esque feel)
- Gokukoku no Brynhildr (I'll watch the first 3 episodes before I decide to continue or drop it)
- Hitsugi no Chaika (dem eyebrows *laughs*, same thing as I said about GnB)
- Kamigami no Asobi (I never learn do I? Anime adaptations of otome games are nearly always a miss but I still watch them XP I'm a huge sucker for Reverse Harem because of dem bishies and seiyuus. Some of my favourite seiyuus are voicing these good looking Gods *laughs*)
- La Corda d'Oro Blue Sky (I've seen La Corda d'Oro Primo/Secondo Passo so yeah.. I'm watching this too. Another Reverse Harem *siiigh* I'M A HUGE SUCKER FOR THEM ALRIGHT?! Not a huge fan of the animation quality...)
- One Week Friends (I unexpectedly enjoyed the first episode, definitely will keep watching)
- Atelier Escha & Logy ... (based on its PS3 game, the mention of alchemy already piqued my curiosity. The main protagonist's voice annoys me though....)
- Sidonia no Kishi (I'm into the whole Post apocalyptic world setting, the animation is quite... unique? Reminds me of the animation style done in Fire Emblem: Awakening. Also it kind of reminds me of Attack on Titan)
Winter Anime 2014 Leftovers:
- Nobunaga the Fool (Miyano Mamoru. Sakurai Takahiro. Mecha. Historical-looking Japan. SOLD. The storyline is finally picking up the pace, I need more action!!)
- Tonari no Seki-kun (Each episode either puts a smile on my face or has me laughing, is it weird that I immediately figured out who voices Seki-kun despite that he doesn't talk at all? I just really like Hirotan's voice >///<)
I recently finished watching Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou, HILARIOUS ANIME! DEFINITELY RECOMMEND!
On top of that DKnN has a good cast of seiyuus like SuzuKen, NamiDai, Sugitan and more ^^
i always find myself laughing every time i watch the ending song:
That's enough about anime for today ~
I might talk about seiyuus or Drama CDs in the near future.
Well well, I'm back here again. *laughs*
Right now I'm writing this post from Uni in my favourite study area. I personally hate studying in libraries, it's either too noisy or eerily quiet. I like to have a bit of background noise. I think it was around the same time last year I went on a mini quest to find an ideal study/chillin' spot. A lo and behold I have finally discovered it! できた！
Don't mind me using a bit of Japanese every now and then, I'm trying to practice my writing skills.
I should stop rambling about my Uni life and start on what I was suppose to be writing in the first place.
I wanted to write about a Japanese rock band that I've been digging as of lately, they are.... Hello Sleepwalkers! Noragami is the reason why I discovered Hello Sleepwalkers in the first place.
Hello Sleepwalkers are under the same record label as ONE OK ROCK, flumpool and WEAVER. Those bands I mentioned before, they make great music which makes me a happy camper. Hello Sleepwalker's song in Noragami, 午夜の待ち合わせ on the first listen was so bloody good I had to know more about this band.
HS is the kind of band which has a male and female singing, I NEED MORE BANDS LIKE THIS!! Base Ball Bear is another band I can think of at the top of my head. Anyway back to HS, I ended up listening to whole discography and they did not disappoint me one bit. Their most recent album 'Masked Monkey Awakening' was freaking awesome. I'm having trouble picking a favourite track!!
I feel this post was a bit rushed but I got to stop writing now, it's nearly time for my Historical Linguistics lecture. *sigh*
Better stop for now, laters!
Ever had that one friend who always needed to be back home before everyone else and their only way home was a lift from a friend?
That would end up with inconveniencing them at a party, casual hangouts etc.
Well... I'm that friend as of lately. It's not like I want to be either...
It upsets me because I feel that I ruin the fun for my friends because I need to be back home 'early',
It scares me that my friends might secretly resent me.
Wow, I wrote that months ago and decided not to upload the post. It seems like LJ autosaved the draft. I'm going to leave it up there, it's not like people read my blog anyway. I wonder if my friends even know that I have a blog that I have neglected for a very long time. A really long time.
Anyway, I decided to write because... I simply feel like it. What's been happening in my life so far?
Hmmmm, I'm into my second year of University. That's right, I'm a tertiary student! I'm currently in the midst of applying for the Japanese exchange program. I got my application approved by my Uni and now I'm filling out the paperwork for Saitama University so I can get that approve as well. I really hope Saitama University accepts me... no Yamahaki. Don't think about it, you have worked way too hard to get to this point. I should be more confident in myself. This whole process of doing exchange (btw the exchange program would happen in early Oct 2014) is exciting, stressful, daunting but I know it will be worth it in the end.
Well that's enough about the academic side of my life, I'm going to talk about for the first time on this blog.... my love life.
More like my non-existent love life, what a joke. Don't get me wrong, I have had.. crushes..? Do people even used that word anymore? *laughs* My most recent one would be my closest guy friend. Let's call him 'Jay', long story short I realised I had feelings for Jay back in Oct 2012. This secret I had kept inside me was weighing me down really bad, it was so bad to the point where I avoided him. In the end, I confessed to him in July 2013. I got rejected (friend zoned) and one thing led to another.... I gave him a kiss on the cheek. It was big deal to me because he was the first guy I gave a kiss, be it on the cheek or lips. I think I'm a romantic at heart but I'm still waiting for that 'first kiss' to happen. *laughs* I'm a late bloomer, don't judge me! Another thing, at the time I was hoping he would reject me. Having feelings for someone does not mean you're ready to be in a relationship. That was me. I was deathly afraid of being in a relationship, at this point I'm still not ready.
I kind of blame my parents with my whole outlook on relationships. I still have a great friendship with Jay, we still get along well and we tend to Skype with each other since our schedules make it hard for us to catch up.
Do I still have feelings for him? After being rejected by him, I did have lingering feelings for him. I felt like a pre-teen all over again. Ugh, how embarrassing. I can gladly say that I don't have feelings in that way anymore. I still care for him like how I care for my girlfriends immensely. It was hard trying to get over those feeling for him but I just needed time.
Right now, I'm content with what I have and I'm going to focus on self-discovering myself. I believe that I need to be away from family and friends to do this and so these months ahead will exactly help me.
Whew! My longest and serious post I've written on this blog! I should stop here and go and give my face some TLC.
I don't know when I'll write next but if I have an urge to write then I'll be here again.
A lot of things have happened between the time of my last post until now.
1. I have graduated from High School.
2. I got a job. FINALLY.
3. I never have to go tutor and Vietnamese lessons.
3. End of year exams have started.
4. I have three exams left until FREEDOM~
5. My birthday is in less than a month.
6. Having a birthday party with friends at my house for the first time.
7. I plan to become a hermit and play games all day. (except during the times where I have to go to work)
8. I should be studying for English Language right now.
That quickly summarises what has happened during my hectic life.
I still can't believe that I'm no longer a high school student, I don't want to grow up but I can't wait to experience Uni life.
The next chapter of my life.
I think I'm still in denial since I refused to cry on the last day of school lessons and at my Graduation ceremony.
I'm still waiting for those tears to come.
*sigh* Yamahaki out.
Okay I need to let off some steam.
I hate it when people tell me what to do.
I don't needing your farking input, I never asked you so don't butt into my business.
AND YES, I take my tutor lessons seriously, education comes before getting a summer job alright?
Who the fark do you think you are?
I was talking to the person next to me not you!
In my mind, I have tossed my pencilcase in your face. I do this to prevent myself from saying something uneccessary.
FOR FARK'S SAKES, why am I getting worked up over this?!
I need to scream into a pillow. I need to shout. I need to punch someone in the face.
Someone needs to say a big 'FUCK YOU' to your face. And I hope that it is not me.
I feel kind of better now, but I'm still pissed.
*sigh* Rant, おしまい。
WOAHHHHHHH, how long has it been since I posted? May 2011 was it?
After all this time what have I been up to?
Let's see I'm on my final year of high school, I've been to Japan (AGAIN XD) in December 2011 and doing random stuff
that a student would do. For some reason I can't seem recall the past events in 2011 much at this time....
*sigh* All you need to know is that I've been doing well and I'm currently on holidays at this moment in time.
I should be completing my linguistic analysis for holiday homework, but I can't seem to stick to it for long and
here I am writing up this blog post. XD
I don't really have anything much to say that I'm not dead and I hope that I post more in the future.
(Biggest Lie I told to myself)
Now I have to get back to finishing this damn analysis so I can play my new game on my 3DS without feeling guilty.
See you for now!
I have a new addiction... and that is 'Angry Birds' WHOO!
THIS GAME IS GENIUS!!
But since my mid-year exams are coming up this is the worse time to get a new addiction >_______<
Aiyaaaaa, going to be busy for the next couple of weeks and I'm going to a debutante on Sat. Yay!
NUUUUUUUUUUUU, Twitter won't load up for me D: D: D: D: I NEED TWITTER.
Laggy school internet >_________<
Yesh yesh yesh, I'm a bad student who goes on Twitter during school XD
It's addictive and I actually do my work as well :P I can multitask yo!
Okays, I finished venting LOL. And now I shall go back to my schoolwork.
- Yamahaki out.
EDIT: GODDAMMIT, after finishing the activities my teacher set out.....Twitter still won't log me in!!!!!!! RARRRR